ADEKUNLE Abolanle Saheed, PhD.
Office: Room 211A (Second Floor, White House), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/sade2k/
Abolanle Adekunle obtained his B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry from University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State in 2000 and M.Sc in Analytical Chemistry from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (2005). He then moved to University of Pretoria, South Africa, where he bagged a PhD in Analytical Chemistry (2011).
Dr. Adekunle has enjoyed several grants and awards, which include the University of Pretoria postgraduate bursary 2007, 2007 Nanoscience Prestigious Award by Nanotechnology Innovation Centre (NIC)-Sensors, South Africa, Academic Honorary Colours: University of Pretoria, South Africa (2011), University of Johannesburg and the DST/Mintek Nanotechnology Innovation Centre (NIC) grant for Post-doctorate study (2011), and National Agency For Science & Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) Visiting Researcher Scheme Grant (2012).
Dr. Adekunle was appointed a member of staff of the Department of Chemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 2003. He is a member of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Nigerian Society for Environmental Management and South Africa Chemical Institute.
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
His research interest and most of his published articles are centered on Nanoscience /Analytical/Environmental studies using different analytical techniques such as AAS, Flame photometer, TRXRF, FTIR, UV-Vis, EDX, XRD, XPS, GPES etc. These analytical techniques have been explored for the characterization of samples from different matrices namely, food, water and the environment. Published and on-going works are on new and novel fabricated electrochemical sensing and energy storing material that will find applications in biological, chemotherapy, environmental, battery, supercapacitors and light emitting devices. These studies have also employed the use of electro-analytical techniques which is time saving, cost effective and require minimum or simple sample preparation.
- Abolanle S. Adekunle, Bhekie B. Mamba, Omotayo A. Arotiba, Bolade O. Agboola, Nobanathi W. Maxakato (2012). Voltammetric and Impedance studies of Phenols and its derivatives at Carbon Nanotubes/Prussian Blue Films Platinum Modified Electrode. J. Electrochem. Sc. (In press).
- John A.O Oyekunle, Abolanle S Adekunle, Aderemi O Ogunfowokan, Michael S Akanni and Oluwasegun S Coker (2012). Agama Lizard: A Potential Biomarker of Environmental Heavy Metal Pollution Assessment. Africa Journal of Environmental Science and Technology (In press).
- Abolanle S. Adekunle, Omotayo A. Arotiba, Bhekie B. Mamba (2012). Probing the electrocatalytic behaviour of Iodate, periodate and sulphite at Carbon Nanotubes/ Prussian Blue Films Platinum Modified Electrode. J. Electrochem. Sc. (In press).
- Abolanle S. Adekunle, Abdullahi M. Farah1, Kenneth I. Ozoemena, Bhekie B. Mamba, Jeseelan Pillay, Bolade O. Agboola, Electrocatalytic properties of prussian blue nanoparticles supported on poly(m-aminobenzenesulfonic acid) –functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes toward the detection of dopamine, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 95 (2012) 186-194.
- Grace O. Ogunlusi, Abolanle S. Adekunle, Nobanathi W. Maxakato, Bhekie B. Mamba, Characterization of a Nano-synthesised Cobalt Complex and its Electrocatalytic Properties towards Nitrite Oxidation, J. Electrochem. Sc. 7 (2012) 2904-2917.
- Abolanle S. Adekunle, Oluwatobi S. Oluwafemi, Vuyelwa Ncapayi, Rotimi E. Sadiku, John T. Agee, Sunday O. Ojo, Sandile P. Songca, Ethanol sensor based on Platinum-MWCNT-NiO nanoparticles platform electrode, J. Electrochem. Sc. 7 (2012) 2695-2709.
- A.O. Oyekunle, A.S. Adekunle, A.O. Ogunfowokan, M.S. Akanni, W.O. Doherty and A.B. Adeyinka (2012), Effects of Water Quality on Degumming Crude Non-Conventional Vegetable Oils, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation (In press).
M.A. Akanmu, F.A. Orafidiya, A.S. Adekunle, E.M. Obuotor, S.A. Osasan,