OWOYOMI, Olanrewaju, PhD
Office: Room 212 (Second Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/oowoyomi/
Olanrewaju Owoyomi obtained his B.Sc (Hons), M.Sc and PhD from the Department of Chemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 1997, 2004 and 2010, respectively. He joined the services of the Chemistry Department, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 1999.
Dr. Owoyomi teaches in the following areas of chemistry: Basic Physical Chemistry; Quantum Chemistry; Chemical Kinetics: Basic Thermodynamics; Molecular Spectroscopy; Advanced Thermodynamics and Industrial Heat Exchange Process. In 2004, he won the award of the Postgraduate Fellowship of the Federal Government of Nigeria. He is a member of the Chemical Society of Nigeria, (CSN).
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
- Thermodynamics of surfactant and mixed surfactant solutions, reactivity in micellar systems, dye-surfactant interactions
- “Interactions Between Sodium Dodecylsulfate and Triton X-100: Molecular Properties and Kinetics Investigations” Owoyomi O., Jide Ige, Akanni M.S. and Morakinyo M.K. Journal of Applied Sciences 5(4): 729-734 (2005)
- “Protonation of Chloro-, Bromo-, and Iodo-pentacyanocobaltate (III) Complexes” Ojo, J.F., Ige Jide, Ogunlusi, G.O., Owoyomi, O., and Olaseni, E.S. Transition Metal Chemistry 31(3): 337-339 (2006)
- “Ion-pair Formation in the Outer-sphere Electron Transfer Reactions between Tri-1,10-phenanthroline Iron (II) and the halopentacyanocobaltate (III) Complexes in Aqueous Acidic Solutions” Ojo, J.F., Ige Jide, Ogunlusi, G.O., Owoyomi, O., and Olaseni, E.S. Transition Metal Chemistry 31(6): 782-785 (2006)
- “Kinetics and Mechanism of the Alkaline Fading of Brilliant Green in Aqueous Solutions of a Double-tailed And Some Single-tailed cationic Surfactants” Owoyomi O., Jide Ige, Soriyan, O., Ogunlusi, G.O., Olaseni, E.S., and Oladimeji, O. Acta Chimica Slovenica 54(2): 370-374 (2007).
- “Periodate Oxidation of Dicyano-bis-(1, 10-phenanthroline) Iron (II) Dihydrate in Aqueous Sodium dodecylsulphate” Soriyan, O., Owoyomi O., and Jide Ige. Transition Metal Chemistry 33: 121-126 (2008).
- “The Basic Hydrolysis of Malachite Green in β-Cyclodextrin/Cetyltrimethylammonium Bromide (CTAB) Mixed System” Soriyan, O., Owoyomi O., and Ogunniyi, A. Acta Chimica Slovenica 55:613-616 (2008).
- “The Effect of Mixed Surfactants of Sodium Dodecylsulphate and Triton X-100 on the Base Hydrolysis of Malachite Green” Soriyan, O., Owoyomi O., and Bamgbose, J.T. Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters 98: 77-82 (2009).
- “Alkaline Fading of Brilliant Green in Mixed Cationic-cationic Surfactant Systems” Owoyomi O., Jide Ige, Soriyan, O. Central European Journal of Chemistry 9(1):106-11 (2011).
- “Thermodynamics of Micellization of n-Alkyltriphenylphosphonium Bromide: A Conductometric Study” Owoyomi O., Jide Ige, Soriyan, O. Chemical Sciences Journal, 2011: CSJ-25, 1-13.