Dr. Mrs. Lateefa Moyosore-Oluwa Durosinmi
Name: Dr. Mrs. Lateefa Moyosore-Oluwa Durosinmi
Rank: Reader (Associate Professor)
Office: Room 218 (Second Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Specialization / Research Interest:
Research interests overlap Inorganic/Coordination compounds, Analytical/environmental chemistry and the design of potential antimicrobial ligands and metal complexes. Specifically,
(i) Coordination Chemistry of Benzimidazoles and Substituted derivatives. The
Design, Synthesis, characterization and biological activities of the ligands and
(ii) Elemental studies of Species of interest and environmental samples.
(iii) Spectrophotometric Studies of Reactions between Transition Metal ions and Phenoxazine dyes;
(iv) Corrosion Chemistry.
Dr. Mrs. Lateefah Moyosore-Oluwa Durosinmi, (nee Williams) holds B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry, (1979); M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry, (1986) and PhD, Inorganic Chemistry. She started her working career as an Analytical Chemist II in the Quality Control Laboratory of the Lagos State Water Management Board, Iju Water Works, Lagos State, (1980-1981), taught Advanced level Chemistry at Saint Anne’s School, Ibadan, (1981-1985) and then took appointment with the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife in 1989 as an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry. She is presently a Reader in the same department. She has coordinated courses and supervised projects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Lagos State Government Scholar, 1976 to 1979;
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Loughborough University of Technology, Leics, United Kingdom, 1994/1995.
- Dean Students’ Affairs of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 2008 – 2016, (first female Dean of Students Affairs in any Nigerian University);
- Member, Academic & Adhoc Committees, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, the University and the Academic Staff Union;
- Board Member, OAU Central Science Laboratory Committee, 2002—2010;
- Faculty of Science Representative at the Centre for Gender and Social Policy Studies, O.A.U, (2007-2014) and participated actively in the production of the Gender Policy Document for the University.
She has published scientific articles in Local and International Journals, Technical Reports and also presented several papers on Islam, Women, Youths and Children at Local, National and International levels.
She has attended Conferences/Workshops in Science, Strategic Planning /Leadership, Senior Academic Leadership Training, (SALT), (2013), Accra, Ghana, International Higher Education Conference, Dubai, UAE, (2016) and other fields.
- Member and Professional Fellow of The Chemical Society of Nigeria;
- Member, Organization of Women Scientists in the Developing World, (OWSD).
- An HERS – Alumnae and a pioneer member of HERS West Africa;
- Member of the Academic Planning Committee and Protem Governing Council,
Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State, 2003-2004;
- Member of the Academic Planning Committee Fountain University, Osogbo;
- Member of the Governing Council of the Lagos State University, Ojoo, 2015-2019;
- President, Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria, 2005 – 2009;
- National Chairperson, FOMWAN Education Committee, 2009 –
- Executive member, Obafemi Awolowo University Muslim Community, Ile-Ife;
- Member, Central Working Committee , Muslim Ummah of South West Nigeria;
- National Vice-President, Obafemi Awolowo Muslim Graduates’ Association (UNIFEMGA), 2004- 2007;
- Adviser/ Matron to many Organizations and Student Associations;
- Actively involved in the provision of scholarships to pupils/students and economic empowerments of women through a Foundation, Lateefah Moyosore Durosinmi Foundation, (LMD Foundation), which was founded in 2010.
- Aremu, J. A, Durosinmi, L. M., Oluyemi, E.A. and Ojo, I.A.O.;( 2018); Synthesis,
Characterization and Chelating properties of Guanidobenzimidazole and
Guanidophosphonatebenzimidazole; Ife Journal of Science, 20(3),
- Olawale Folorunso Akinyele, Temitope Oluwatola Akinnusi, Temitope Adekunle Ajayeoba, Ayowole Olaolu Ayeni, Lateefah Moyosore Durosinmi, (2019); Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activities of Cobalt(II), Nickel(II) and Copper(II) Complexes of Aroylhydrazone Mixed with Aspirin, Science Journal of Chemistry. Vol. 7, No.3, pp.67-71.
- Akinyele, O.F., Fakola, E.G, Durosinmi, L. M., Ajayeoba, T.A., Ayeni, A.O.,(2019),
Synthesis and Characterization of Heteroleptic Metal Complexes of Isoniazid and
Metaformin, Ife Journal of Science, 21(3), pp 1 – 7.
- Olawale Folorunso Akinyele, Sunday Babatunde Adejayan, Lateefah
Moyosore durosinmi, Ayowole Olaolu Ayeni, Temitope Adekunle
Ajayeoba, (2020), Interactions of Metal ions with Trimethoprim and Metformin,
International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.13 No.02, pp 38-46.
- Abolanle S. Adekunle, John A.O. Oyekunle, Lateefat M. Durosinmi,
Oluwatobi S. Oluwafemi, Temitope A. Ajayeoba, (2020), Potential of cobalt and
cobalt oxide nanoparticles as Nano catalyst towards dyes degradation in
wastewater, Nano –Structures & Nano –Objects, 21, pp 1-13.
vi Lateefah M. Durosinmi , Sikiru O. Sanusi, Yusuf Yilmaz, Umit Ceylan , Olatomide A. Fadare, Craig A. Obafemi, (2020); Supramolecular architecture in 1:1 cocrystal of N-carbamothioylacetamide and N,N’-thiocarbonyldiacetamide from the attempted
synthesis of 1,3-diacetyl-2-thioxoimidazolidine-4,5-dione (a thioparabanic acid
derivative), Heliyon, 6. pp 1-7.
vii Akinyele O. F., Fakola E. G., Durosinmi L. M., Ajayeoba T. A., Ayeni A. O.
(2020). Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of heteroleptic metal
chelates of isoniazid and 2,2’-bipyridine. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of
Ethiopia 34 (3), 471-478.
viii Akinyele, O. F*., Fakola, E. G., George, R. C. and Durosinmi, L. M, ( 2021),
Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Nicotinamide and 2,2′-Bipyridine, Ife Journal of Science vol. 23, no. 1, pp 213-222.