Dr. Reama C. George
Rank: Senior Lecturer
Office: Room 211A. (2nd Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/georgereama/
Profile (Not more than 1 page): Dr George hails from Abia State, Nigeria. She was employed into the service of Obafemi Awolowo University on the 28th November, 2006 as an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry. She is currently a Senior Lecture and mainly teaches Inorganic Chemistry courses.
- Higher Educational Institutions Attended with Dates:
University of Nigeria, Nsukka 1992 – 1998 (B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry)
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife 2001 – 2006 (M.Sc. Chemistry)
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife 2007- 2012 (Ph.D. Chemistry
- Other Distinctions and Awards with Dates:
(a) Scholarships: Shell Scholarship Award 1994-1998
(b) Fellowships: Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSDS) (Formerly Third World Organization for Women in Science TWOWS) 2007-2011
- Research Grants:
(1) Africa Laser Center (ALC), South Africa and National Foundation Research (NRF), South Africa, at iThemba LABS, Cape Town-South Africa August 2006- October 2006.
(2) TWAS Research Grant Programme for Individual Scientist and Research Unit in Science and Technology Lagging Countries (2013/2014).
(3) TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visit Programme (3 Months for Scientist from Sub-Sahara Africa (2014).
Area of Specialization / Research Interest:
Her current research interest is in the synthesis of various porphyrin and metalloporphyrins molecules and investigation of their application in photodynamic anti-microbial therapy for chronic sores especially those caused by diabetes. In addition synthesize chemically bonded porphyrin-perovskite and use as light harvester for solar cells. The researches that have been done so far have been to use composites of porphyrin and persovkite as light harvesters which have shown promising results. I propose that the chemical bonded combination might do better.
- George R.C., Moene, S.G.M.K., Egharevba O. and Nyokong T., (2014), Porphyrin-Phthalocyanine Nanorods (P-PcNR) formed by Electrostatic Self-Assembly, Ife Journal of Science, 16, 7-10, NIGERIA.
- D’Souza S., George R.C., Göksel M., Atilla D., Durmuş M. and Nyokong T. (2015), Enhanced Triplet State Yields in Aqueous Media of Asymmetric Zinc Phthalocyanines when Conjugated with Silver Nanoflowers, Polyhedron, 100, 296-302, HOLLAND.
- George C., Falgenhauer J., Geis C., Nyokong T. and Schlettwein D. (2015), Characterization of Porphyrin Nanorods on Fluorine-Doped Tin Oxide Glass Sheet, Journal of Porphyrin and Phthalocyanine, 19, 1147-1158, FRANCE.
- Olajide A.A. and George R.C. (2016), UV-Vis Spectroscopy Study on Porphyrin Nanostructures Formed by Electrostatic Interaction, Ife Journal of Science, 18, 585-593, NIGERIA.
- George R.C., D’Souza S., Durmuş M. and Nyokong T. (2017), Photolytic Changes in the Morphology of Porphyrin-Phthalocyanine Nanostructures (P-Pcns) in the Presence of Platinum and Gold Salts. Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chemistry, 47, 1080-1084, UNITED KINGDOM