FODEKE, Adedayo A., PhD.
Rank: Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemistry
Office: Room G20 (Ground Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/adeakin/
Adedayo Fodeke obtained his undergraduate degree in Chemistry from Ahmadu Bello University in 1991 and moved on to University of Lagos where he received an M.Sc in 1995. In 2005, Dr. Fodeke bagged his PhD, in the area of Biophysical Chemistry, under the tutelage of Prof. Kehinde O. Okonjo at the University of Ibadan. He later had his postdoctoral studies at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, where he worked on protein, polymer, protein mixture and protein-polymer mixtures to quantify non-specific interaction between component mixtures (2008-2011). Dr. Fodeke was appointed a member of staff of the Chemistry Department at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1999.
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
Dr. Fodeke’s research interests include equilibrium and kinetic studies of hemoglobin sulfhydryl reaction with Ellman’s reagent and p-Chloromercuribenzoate. The research group aims to understand how the state of ionization of the ionizable groups in the environment of hemoglobin sulfhydryl groups affects the conformations or the tertiary and quaternary structure of hemoglobin. The group also study protein interaction in crowded media. The work is geared toward understanding the thermodynamics of specific and non-specific interaction of proteins and polymers in a crowded media similar to what is obtainable in the cytoplasm.
- Fodeke, A.A., Aboluwoye, C.O. and Okonjo, K.O. (2005), Ife J. Science, 7, 229-236.
- Okonjo, K.O. and Fodeke, A.A. Chem. (2006), 119, 196-204.
- Okonjo, K.O., Fodeke A.A. and Kehinde,A. (2006), Biophys. Chem., 121, 65-73.
- Okonjo K.O., Adediji A.T., Fodeke A.A., Adeboye O. and Ezeh C.V. (2007), Chem., 128, 56-62.
- Fodeke A. A and Minton A. P. (2010), Phys. Chem B., 114, 10876-10880.
- Fodeke A. A and Minton A. P. (2011), Phys. Chem B., 115, 11261 -11268.