OGUNFOWOKAN, Aderemi O., PhD.
Office: Room 111 (First Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/aogunfow/
Aderemi Ogunfowokan attended Ogun State University, Ago Iwoye, Nigeria, where he obtained B.Sc (Hons) Industrial Chemistry (1987). He then proceeded to the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, where he obtained M.Sc and PhD Degrees in Analytical Chemistry in 1992 and 2000, respectively. On completion of his PhD study, he proceeded to the Department of Chemistry, University of Forth Hare, Alice, South Africa as a National Research Foundation (NRF) Post-Doctoral Fellow (2000-2001). Prof. Ogunfowokan became a member of staff of Chemistry Department, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 1993.
Prof. Ogunfowokan has several academic awards to his credit, which included: Postgraduate fellowship, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria (1990-1992); World Bank Staff Development Project Fellowship Award (1994-1995); American Chemical Society (Mid-Atlantic Region Pennsylvania) Travel Award (1995); and Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Travel Award (OPCW) The Netherland to Gaborone, Botswana (2003) to mention but a few.
He is a member of the following professional bodies: Chemical Society of Nigeria, Nigerian Society for Environmental Management, Southern and Eastern Africa Network of Analytical Chemists (SEANAC) and Nigerian Field Society. He is also an associate member of Quality Control Society of Nigeria. He is a former Secretary of the Chemical Society of Nigeria, Osun State Chapter.
He serves as a reviewer for several local and international journals. He has served as the External Examiner and Assessor to the following Universities: University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Ogun State, Nigeria; Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa; Covenant University, Otta, Ogun State, Nigeria; and Cape Peninsula University of Science and Technology, Cape Town, South Africa.
Within the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Prof. Ogunfowokan has served meritoriously in several capacities. Some of these include: Member of Senate Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria (2008-2010); Member of the Search Team for the new Vice Chancellor, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria, 2011; and Member of Institutional accreditation Committee, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria, 20011. Prof. Ogunfowokan is a former Head of the Department of Chemistry and a former Dean of the Faculty of Science, OAU.
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
Method Development for the determination of trace Organics and metal speciation in environmental and biological samples using state of the art equipment such as Gas Chromatograprhy-Mass Spectrometry, High Performance Liquid Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry and Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrophotometry (ICP-MS (ICP-MS).
- Torto N., Lesego C. Mmualefe, J. F. Mwatseteza , Bonang N., Chimuka L., Nindi M.M., Ogunfowokan A.O. (2007): Sample preparation for chromatography: An African perspective. Journal of Chromatography A (USA) 1153, 1-13.
- Ogunfowokan A.O., Adenuga A.A., Torto N. and Okoh E.K.(2008) Heavy Metals Pollution in a Sewage Treatment Oxidation Pond and the Receiving Stream of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. (The Netherland) 143: 25-41
- Ogunfowokan A.O., Kaisam J.P. and Balogun M.O. (2009): Study of trace elements in urine of some Nigerian medical patients. Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry. UK. 91 (3), 435-449.
- Ogunfowokan A.O., Obisanya J.F. and Ogunkoya O.O. (2009): Assessment of Chemical Quality of three Streams under different Agricultural Land Systems in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife Nigeria. Toxicological and Environment Chemistry. UK 91 (5), 847–872
- Ogunfowokan A.O., Oyekunle J.A.O., Durosinmi L.M., Akinjokun A.I. and Gabriel O.D. (2009): Speciation Study of Lead and Manganese in Roadside Dusts from Major Roads in Ile-Ife, South Western Nigeria – Chemistry and Ecology. UK 25 (6), 405 – 415
- Oyekunle J.A.O., Ogunfowokan A.O., Torto N. and Akanni M.S. (2011): Determination of organochlorine pesticides in the agricultural soil of Oke-Osun farm settlement, Osogbo, Nigeria – Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (The Netherlands), 177:51-61
- Oyekunle J.A.O., Ogunfowokan A.O., Torto N. and Akanni M.Sc. (2011): Levels of Heavy Metals in Agricultural Soils of Oke-Osun Farm Settlement Osogbo, Nigeria. Journal of International Environmental Application and Science. 6(4), 483-496.
- Yahaya M.I., Ogunfowokan A.O. and Orji E.O. (2011): Elemental profile in amniotic fluid of some Nigerian pregnant women. East Afr. J. Public Health. 8(2):92-7.