Olabanji, Iyabo Oluremi
Rank: Reader (Associate Professor)
Office: Room 118 (First floor, White House), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile- Ife.
Research Interest: Environmental and Analytical Chemistry
Olabanji I. Oluremi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Nigeria. She has a Ph.D in Analytical Chemistry (2010) from the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Nigeria. She had a Fellowship grant for Internship training by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) at the University of Kwazulu Natal, Durban, South Africa (November 2008 – March 2009). Her research interest is chemistry in relation to the environment, environmental pollution and the protean implications on human health, as well as the transformation of waste into industrial useful products. She has published 34 articles in reputable Local and International Journals. She has attended many local and international conferences in which she has presented papers.
Dr. Olabanji won TETFUND research grant with other co-researcher as executor and coordinator for the group (2014). She has served within the Faculty as resource person in her colloquiums and as an Internal Assessor in Health Physics in the Department of Physics, Chemistry Department and in the Institute of Ecology and Environmental studies, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. She is a member of the Chemical Society of Nigeria, Royal Society Chemistry, UK, and Organization for Women in Science for the Development World among others. She has served as a reviewer for many international scholarly journals.
- Fakoya .O.T, Oluyemi .E.A. Olabanji .I.O, Eludoyin .A.O, Makinde .O.W and Oyinloye J.A. (2018): Seasonal Variation of heavy metal speciation in soil and stream sediments from Hospital waste dumpsite in Ilesa, Southwestern Nigeria. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology; 12 (9): 312-322.
- Tijani Saliu, Oluyemi E. Ayodele, Olabanji I. O., Adeniji A. Oluwole (2018): Elemental Concentrations and Source Apportionment of Atmospheric Air Particulates from two Functional Sites in the Metropolitan City of Ibadan, Nigeria. Journal of Environment Pollution and Human Health, 6 (4), 126-137.
- Makinde Oladotun Wasiu, Oluyemi Emmanuel Ayodele, Adesiyan Adewale Taoreed, Eludoyin Adebayo Oluwole, Ogundele Katherine Temitope, Olabanji Iyabo Oluremi, Tubosun Isaac Ayodele (2018): A Study of Heavy Metal Loading of Sediments in a Mining Environment Using Nuclear Analytical Technique. Open Science Journal of Analytical Chemistry; 3(1): 11-16.
- Olusola Adelowotan, Iyabo Oluremi Olabanji, Oladotun Wasiu Makinde, Emmanuel Ayodele Oluyemi (2018): Heavy Metals Speciation of Soil from Automobile Mechanic Workshops in Oshogbo Metropolis, South Western Nigeria. Open Science Journal of Analytical Chemistry; 3(1): 1-10.
- Olabanji I. O., Asubiojo Olabode Idowu, Komolafe Morenikeji Adedoyin, Akintomide Anthony and Adeniji Ayodeji Oluwole (2019): Determination of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Blood Plasma of Neurology Patients. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences, 11(1), pp. 1-8.
- Olabanji Iyabo Oluremi, Asubiojo Olabode Idowu, Akintomide Anthony, Komolafe Morenikeji Adedoyin and Adeniji Ayodeji Oluwole (2020). Elemental Composition of Whole Blood: A Potential Biomarker in the Treatment of Cardiology and Neurology Patients. Trends in Applied Sciences Research 15(2):133-144. DOI:3923/tasr.2020.133.144
- Tijani, E, A. Oluyemi1, I. O. Olabanji and C. G. Ezeh (2020). Spatial and Temporal Trends in Particulate Matter Pollution in a Sub-Saharan Metropolitan African City: A Case Study of Ibadan, Nigeria. Ife Journal of Science and Technology, 4. (1):16–32. Available online at www.ifejost.org