Grace Olufunmilayo OGUNLUSI (Mrs.), PhD.
Office: Room 217 (Second Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Scholar link: http://scholar.oauife.edu.ng/rgunlusi/
Grace Ogunlusi holds three degrees from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, viz., B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry (1998), M.Sc in Physical Chemistry (2005) and PhD Chemistry (2010).
Dr. Ogunlusi joined as a member of staff of the Department of Chemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University in 2000. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Chemists (ICCON) and American Chemical Society, USA.
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
Reaction Kinetics: Measurements of reaction rates, reaction mechanisms and medium effects (electrolytes, solvent and organized media such as micelles).
Research works have been on kinetics of inorganic reactions especially redox reactions of transition metal complexes. Current research activities cover the influence of surfactant micelles on kinetics of inorganic reactions, reaction mechanisms and the applications of such reactions to biological systems.
- Grace O. Ogunlusi, Jide Ige, Olayinka, A. Oyetunji and Jonathan F. Ojo (2009) Intermediate and Ion-Pair Formation in the Outer-Sphere Reactions between
- Azido-pentacyanocobaltate(III) and Iron (II) polypyridyl Complexes in Aqueous Medium Met. Chem., vol. 34, 483-491
- (iv) Grace O. Ogunlusi, Abolanle S. Adekunle, Nobanathi W. Maxakato, Bhekie B. Mamba (2012) Characterization of a Nano-synthesised Cobalt Complex and its (i) F Ojo, Jide Ige, G.O. Ogunlusi, O. O. Owoyomi and S. E. Olaseni (2006): Protonation of chloro-, bromo-, and iodo- pentacyanocobaltate (III) complexes Transition Metal Chemistry, 31, 337-339.
- (ii) F Ojo, Jide Ige, G.O. Ogunlusi, O. O. Owoyomi and S. E. Olaseni (2006): Ion – pair formation in the outer-sphere electron transfer between tris-(1, 10) phenanthroline Iron (II) and the halopentacyano cobaltate (III) complexes Transition Metal Chemistry, vol. 31, 782Electrocatalytic Properties towards Nitrite Oxidation International Journal of Electrochemical Science, vol. 7, 2904 – 2917
- (v) O. Olasunkanmi, J. Ige, G. O. Ogunlusi (2012). Theoretical Study of the Molecular Geometries, Electronic and Thermodynamic Properties of Chlorinated Dipyrido-(3,2a:2′,3′-c)-Phenazine. Journal of Chemistry. Vol 2013. (Available online)