ADEBIYI, Festus Mayowa, PhD.
Office: Room 241 (Second Floor, White house), Department of Chemistry, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Festus Adebiyi obtained his B.Tech degree in Chemistry from Federal University of Technology, Akure. He then proceeded to Obafemi Awolowo University, where he obtained his MSc. and PhD degrees. He also holds an MBA degree of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Dr. Adebiyi joined the service of the Chemistry Department, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, in 2003.
Area of Specialisation / Research Interest:
Analytical/Environmental/Petroleum Chemistry: His research applies advanced and conventional analytical techniques to comprehend environmental and geochemical systems. Solid-and liquid-states are used to characterize environmental systems and fossil fuels, and “finger prints” are developed.
1. Adebiyi, F. M. , Oluyemi, E. A. and Peter, S. V (2011) ‘The Study of the Environmental Implications of Used Lubricating Oils by a Combination of Spectrometric Analytical Techniques’, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 33: 5, 459-466.
2. Adebiyi, F.M and Ayeni, O.A (2010). Evaluation of Phytoaccumulation of Selected Metals from Petroleum Products Impacted-soils by Cynodon dactylon Plants using AAS/AES Analytical techniques. Analytical Letters, 43: 1879-1888
3. Adebiyi, F.M and Adeyemi, A.F (2010): Characterization of the petroleum hydrocarbons contaminated soils around Petroleum Products Depot. Chemistry & Ecology, 26 (2), 137-140
4. Sonibare, J.A; Adebiyi, F.M; Obanijesu, E.O and Okelana, O.A. (2010). Air Quality Index Pattern around Petroleum Production Facilities, Management of Environmental Quality journal, 21 (3), 379-392,
5. Obanijesu, E.O; Adebiyi, F.M; Sonibare, J.A and Okelana, O.A (2009): Air-borne SO2 pollution monitoring in the upstream petroleum operation area of the Niger-Delta, Energy Source Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects, 31: 223-231
6. Akpan, I., Ama-Absai, D., Adebiyi, F. M. and Obiajunwa, E. I. (2009). Assessment of potential toxic elements pollution of marine environment using African cuttlefish (Sepia bertheloti) from the Gulf of Guinea as an environmental bioindicator, Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, 91:5, 947-954.
7. Asubiojo, O.I; Adebiyi, F.M; Ayenimo, J.G; Olukoko, O.O and Oyekunle, J.A.O (2009): Chemical Analysis of Tobacco Cigarette for Organochlorine Insecticides and Heavy Metal Composition, Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, Canada, 91 (3-4), 611-618.
8. Adebiyi, F. M., Sonibare, J. A., Adedosu, T. A., Daramola, A. A., Omode, P. E. and Obanijesu, E.O.(2008). Assessment of the Effects of Air Pollution Using Road-Side Roasted Meats (Suya) as Indicators, Environmental Bioindicators, 3 (3), 172-179.
9. Adebiyi, F.M and Asubiojo, O.I (2008). Assessment of Element Accumulation from Bitumen Deposit by Vegetation using Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (EDXRF) Spectroscopy Technique, Chemistry and Ecology, 24 (6), 1-13.
10. Adebiyi, F.M; Asubiojo, I.O and Ajayi, T.R (2008): Elemental Characterization of Nigerian Oil Sands by TXRF Spectrometry, Petroleum Science and Technology, UK, 25 (1) 29-39.